Handmade Cards & Summer Swap

Saturday, 7 September 2013
All I seem to blog about at the moment is swaps! I really hope you don't mind reading them, they are some of my favourite posts to write and I really enjoy sending/creating pretty mail for people and its always exciting knowing you have a parcel/letter on its way to you too. I've took part in two really great swaps recently, the first being a handmade card swap run by Mezz over at MezzMakesStuff, we all had to make eight handmade cards. It's been a long time since I've made any cards, yet alone having to make eight off them. My partner was Bee from The Linen Cloud. It was really nice getting to know Bee a little before I made her cards, we also both agreed on sending a few extras as well as the cards.

I tried to make a good variety of cards with different colours, shapes/sizes. The felt pig one was inspired by Bee herself after she told me she used felt to create a picture for her daughters bedroom. I had such a fun time making these cards, it made me think a lot I did get stuck for ideas but I really liked how they all turned out. I included these little gifts:

I just have to talk about the illustration on this notebook, I love it, I went in to Waterstones and saw one with a Squirrel on it, then a fox, they are just so beautiful I was so tempted to buy one with each design on them, the illustrator behind them is Sara Thielker although I can't see to find that much about her on the internet. 

Bee also sent me some very lovely gifts:
A beautiful letter writing set, a notebook (I love the pattern on this,) pencils, I really needed some new pencils I never seem to buy them and she made me a little Russian Doll pin.

The cards she made me were incredible, I love the way Washi tape has been used on some of them.
Aren't they all so lovely? I love the colours that Bee used to and the card with the pretty dress on is going to be used for my my Mum's birthday at the end of the month.

The second swap I took in this month was a Summer swap run by Rhiannon at The Sparkly Panda, this one felt like Secret Santa, I had no idea who I would be receiving a parcel from only who I was sending one too. I sent a parcel to Louise at Duck in a Dress.
I had a little look around Louisa's blog and saw that as one of her 32 before 32 was to make some bunting, so I included a bunting making kit and a wind chime.  Both these items remind of Summer/Beach in different ways. When I think of bunting I pictured a cute little seaside town with shops feel with unique trinkets and cafes where I can drink tea and eat scones with lots of cream, I really like wind chimes and the fact that this one had a dolphin on it made it perfect, I've been sponsoring a dolphin with WDCS called Sundance for over ten years and this chime reminded me of him.  

My parcel arrived today and couldn't wait to see who it was from and it turned out to be Rhiannon, which made me smile, I've spoken to Rhiannon a little over the internet and I really enjoy reading her blog since with have a lot of the same interests. 

Look at all the Summery colours! Everything came wrapped in Strawberry wrapping paper which made it that more exciting when opening everything, the 'Hello Sunshine' postcard is going straight on my wall, I still need to find a place for the Sunshine bunting but both of these will definitely cheer me up in Winter months. Yellow to me is a happy colour! I also got lots of crafty goodness delicate bows, stickers and butterfly embellishments, and a Ice Lolly book mark.

Thank you Mezz and Rhiannon for running such fun swaps.

Anyway I would love to hear your opinions on swaps, have you ever taken part in one, do you like them, hate them etc. If you do have any links of swaps you've taken part in I would love to see them so feel free to share links. 
     

13 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful cards.
    You are very talented as are the other girls.
    I wish I was creative as this.

    Leah @ Peaches and Smoke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you glad you like them =)

      xx

      Delete
  2. The deer stationary is awesome!

    S&R
    http://www.cattaildown.com/my-blog/2013/08/my-bb-review-august.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its adorable, I need to get one for myself!
      xx

      Delete
  3. So glad you liked everything! I had so much fun with this swap too especially with being able to work with happy colours. Can't wait to get my one. The cards made by both of you are brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Opening it instantly cheered me up. Looking forward to seeing what you get =)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for running such a fun/creative swap!

      Delete
  5. I loved reading all about your swaps - you are so creative I love your cards and the lovely little extras were all so thoughtful. Im sure the bunting kit was very well received x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you that's good to hear! I love choosing little extras but I do always end up choosing things I would like to keep!

      x

      Delete
  6. So lovely! Your blog is fab too :) xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up with my blog reading Hannah ... thanks again for the lovely parcel ... love your sunshine swap too .. Bee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely swaps Hannah. I haven't done one for ages though, must find some more time. X

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top